Thursday 8 January 2009

Antigonish

You know the feeling something like déjà vu which can be prompted by smells or tastes ? I do, I felt the stirrings of memories almost forgotten last night.

I had resigned myself to the absence of exertion and had arrived flustered and late at Mum and Dad's house. Whilst engaging in the usual welcoming banter I found myself half way up the stairs, arms upstreched holding on to the bottom step up to the loft. I then found myself taking my weight suspended from the step and was hit by the hidden muscle and mind memories of doing this all the time in my more formative years. It was a rather comforting feeling.

Later on, when there was no one around, I did a few pull ups from the step just as I had done when I was younger.

The mystery of the creaking loft stair which had befuddled Dad for so long is now out in the open !

No comments: