Wednesday 12 September 2007

Hard Days Night

Panic is starting to set in about the 10K - I am miles behind in any training schedule. Oh well, no rest for the wicked ! I will have to redouble my efforts !
No running today as I have decided that I need ankle supports if I am to run any significant distance. After all I am still over 15 stones !!

Poached eggs on home made Ciabatta, Ready brek

Lunchtimer
10 minutes rowing - Concept II - level 10 - 3350m
20x 18Kg dumbell clean and press
Cool in the Pool

Apple, banana, pear, plum.

Apres
10 Km recline cycle - Hills Level 10
3x10 36Kg military press
4x5 18 Kg clean and press
20 minutes X-Trainer - Interval Hills - level 10
cool in the pool

Stilton on toast
Lasagne
Pringles

3 comments:

Nick Browne said...

Interesting that you are adopting the clean and press. I've been thinking of replacing my shoulder presses with the standing clean and press. What do you think? I don't imagine that I could do a full clean after deadlifts.

John said...

I use a single dumbell for the clean and press and alternate arms every 5 reps.
It would be done using a Kettlebell but there are none in the gym !
Using a dumbell as opposed to a bar makes the exercise sufficiently different to a deadlift to do both.

Nick Browne said...

I get you. Dumbbell between the legs (phnarrr).