Wednesday 7 February 2007

Road to recovery

Still exhausted from my weekend I was cajoled into going to the gym direct from work last night.
Running 5Km hill setting level 5 at 9.0Kmh was harder than I anticipated and I tactically had to slow the treadmill at its steepest incline while I guzzled water as slowly and time consumingly as I could until the hill dissapeared.
Thereafter some pool work - once again concentrating on form as I cannot yet get anywhere near the distance required for the challenge.
One spot of bad news was that I discovered that the temperature in the national pool is dropped for competitions and events such as triathlons so it will be as cold as the sea on the day itself. Just when my body feels like it needs to soak in a warm bath it will be flung into the cold Knap of my youth!!!

No comments: