Sunday 21 January 2007

Blunt Force Trauma

I went to see Rocky Balboa for training inspiration, what I've got from it this morning is a precise delineation of my hangover: "blunt force trauma".

Weight this a.m. 13 st 12, energy consumed on the form of booze: lost count.

Training yesterday was 6km on the treadmill at 8km/h on hills of increasing ferocity, 8km/hr on the flat is a walk in the park, but at a 6% gradient when you've been running for a while it becomes more of a challenge. Finished with hamstring, adductor, and calf stretches then 3 sets of 10 for each of sit ups, pull ups and dips.

Lately on Saturdays when I have the new ninja bomber I go to the gym from 2 until 3 because the father of a school friend of his does the same so the boys look forward to an hour in Club-V together, and then we take them swimming.

This week we were invited back to theirs afterwards to eat, fate played the straight man, and we stayed for the evening. Hence my head this morning.

Do I need a dare of the hog?

No comments: