Friday 12 January 2007

Blistering Pace

Another luncheon run today. The first part was the worst; And the second part, that was the worst too. Several cushioning blisters have formed on the instep of each foot even though I had followed my Fathers mantra and was wearing two pairs of socks and a protective roll of elastoplast !
I shall turn my efforts to swimming tomorrow in order to rest my poor tired feet. I must remember to minimise drag, maximise water-line and to breathe only when my mouth is above water.
I do not think I have even attempted front crawl since I taught myself to swim during my teenage years. I was inspired to learn under the threat of Ma and Pa sending me to lessons with babies and toddlers in Splott baths ! On reflection I wish I had been sent to the lessons.

No comments: